Monday, January 22, 2007

Origins

Scrapping! Never, EVER, sometyhing I thought I would do. I remember in 1998, my roommate coming home from a CM party, totally excited about her page. I wasn't impressed--It was all too white, with glitter pens and rounded corners on the pictures. Not my style. Deb, on the other hand, was so excited she became a CMC.

Fast Forward 3 Years: expecting my first baby and I see a K & Co kit with a 12x12 baby scrapbook and a keepsake box. I snarf on it ($20 seemed a steal) and take it home. I start shopping at Michael's and relish all the baby themed stuff. When Sophie was about 6 months old, I begin putting all my supplies to use--I discover scrapbook stores--I subject every person I know to my scrapbooks--I am hooked. My husband, bless him, says NOTHING about the $$$ I spend, and on occasion will go into the scrap stores with me. He is a gem!

Here I am 4 years later. Scrapping is my "me time" now, and I love it. I never go to Michaels much, but love Joann's for odds and ends. All my supplies which used to fit in my Navigator with room to spare, are now in my scrap area (1/3 of our huge family room) and overflowing. And of course, I have Capt Jack for inspiration (I mentioned I had an indulgent husband). I am a scrapbook consultant and a paper snob. I create for the art of it, in addition to preserving memories. I pore over the scrap mags--even if I never re-create a thing I see, I read them like I read cookbooks--to see how others combine ingredients to get a great finished product. A pinch of this or that and VOILA, the LO is mine.

3 comments:

EquineSpirit said...

Wonderful post! Love your scrap space!!

Maureen said...

Hahahaha...I have Captain Jack on my wall too! (...and an 18" doll, figurines, pillow...well, you get the idea). My scrap space is also my office and half of it houses my Pirates collection! What inspiration! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'd LOVE having such à scrap place! Thanks for yr comment about my LO on 2peas!