Thursday, January 25, 2007

Living for NOW

I am proud to say I live for NOW. The reason I say proud is because I am Bipolar 2, and was diagnosed last summer. Up until I got the proper medication, I would sit and dwell on past events and rehash them, trying to figure out how I could have handled things differently. Or, I would make all these plans for the future, then sit on them, depressed that I would never make them a reality.

When I look at my life today, I am glad to say I am living without regrets--what is past is done--I can learn from it but not change it. And the future? I can plan my life now and act in a way to make my dreams a reality. But living for what may be instead of what is does me no good.

And my now is pretty good. Awesome husband, beautiful children, supportive friends. Sure, our family could use a better cash flow, but we do fine. I have my me time outlet in scrapping that lets me preserve my memories and create art at the same time. LIfe will never be better or worse than it is right NOW. I may as well live in the moment, do my best so that tomorrow's NOW is a little better than today's.

Life is surely good.....NOW.

2 comments:

EquineSpirit said...

Great post! ((HUGS!!))

Lynn said...

This is just a terrific post. Congratulations on getting your life on track. I know exactly how you feel.