Monday, January 22, 2007

New Venture in the New Year

Well, I am a hobbyist consultant for MemoryWortks, and enjoy the discount I get on YUMMY products--the new January kit is Basic Grey Blush and I love it. But, really, not much money to be made there.

So, I got to thinking about what I want to do. My friend Andrea was blown away by the change in my scrap style (for the better) so she wanted to commision me to do a heritage scrapbook of her father's childhood pictures. Sounded interesting. I am still waiting to hear back from Andi's mom.

This got me to thinking about what I want to do--2 of the 3 LSS have closed in the last year, and I think the 3rd one is grossly overpriced and the selection and store set-up deter a scrapper from finding anything they need. So, after reading a lively discussion on a Yahoo group about the demise of Leaving Prints, I joined ScrapBiz. I figure I can get my feet wet and still take my time developing a business plan. I would really like to develop this into a S4O business or possibly classes and workshops. Either way, I will have more resources at my disposal than previously.

And will I continue as a MW consultant? As Fran the squirrel on "Higglytown Heroes" would say, YOU BETCHA!!

No comments: