Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Best Artichoke Spinach dip ever!!!

OK, I hate Mayo (and miracle whip). It's a fact. Nothing grosser than mayo, for me, except HOT mayo. So, I did a search on Recipezaar (where you can search recipes excluding ingredients) and found a hot spinach dip that looked awesome. So, I made it last night, adding some sauteed onion and garlic to the recipe as written. It was divine.

Olive Garden Hot Artichoke Spinach dip
(click link for reviews)

2 8 oz packages light cream cheese, softened
1 8 oz bag grated Parmesan cheese
8 oz sour cream
2 small cand artichoke hearts, chopped fine
1 10 oz box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
2 tbls olive oil
1 tbls marjoram (I omitted this)
cayenne to taste
garlic salt to taste
( I added 1 tbsp chopped garlic and 1/4 cup onion)

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil. Combine with all ingredients except cayenne and garlic salt. Once well combined, season to taste with garlic salt and cayenne. REcipe says to put under a broiler, but I put it in a small crockpot till it was hot.

YUMMMY!

No comments: