Thursday, May 18, 2006

Anniversary Tomorrow

Wow! It has been six years since Dave and I got married. All I can say is where did the time go. Since we got married so much has happened--3 deaths--my gran, his dad and his brother, plus the birth of our two beautiful daughters. The special needs diagnoses for our daughters, plus my transition to SAHM-dom.
It has been a wild ride and I wouldn't change it. I am grateful that I scrapbook, for I am able to get a snapshot of all the important moments we have shared by opening the book and reading my thoughts at the time. What a gift! Gotta love that. It is so important to me to preserve these memories, especially as everyone who could share the memories of my own childhood is gone. My dad, God bless him, has a hopeless memory for a lot of the things I would want to know. So I putter along, using a lot of my adult reflections and memories in my LOs. The great thing about many of my mom's old snapshots is that she sent a lot of pictures to relatives, so in many cases there are little stories on the back. I need to get started on her military pictures next--should be fun!
So, I did a LO this week about my anniversary, and I want to share it here. Six years down, another 50 to go!

No comments: