Wednesday, April 18, 2007

New MemoryWorks Catty--but....

Well, the release of the 2007-08 catalog is here. Every year, I get way excited to see what products will be available. I start planning what I "need" to buy. And the new catalog does not disappoint--Piggy Tales; Love, Elsie; new Autumn Leaves Acrylic Stamps; all the new Basic Grey; Crate Paper; Cosmo Cricket; 7 Gypsies. New bling, metals and brads--simply speaking, scrapper heaven.

Yet, this year the zing isn't there. I have so much going on in my personal life that this fades to the background. Which is as it should be. Tomorrow I take Anneliese to Univ of Mich hospital to the Pediatric Cardiology unit, to find out if there is a problem with her heart. Her Echocardiogram last month showed an anomaly. I also have Sophie's teacher conference to find out what steps the school is taking for Sophie to succeed next year in school. My dosage was just raised on my mood stabilizer because the stress is aggravating my bipolar.

And when I do scrapbook? I am doing more introspective pages, pages that reflect where we are in our life as a family. I think it is tiume to pull the Memory Makers idea book, Imperfect Lives, down off the shelf and give it another look through. Our lives are in transition right now, so scrapping only about the light fluffy events seems like a lie--I want our scrapbooks to reflect our real lives. I have begun a very personal book about my struggles and relationships with others. I want to really be on the page for those LOs, so that my children understand me down the road.

So, I still am excited about the MW catalog. That pales in significance, however, to how I will feel once I know my daughters are in a good place, both in the school system and in the medical community. And we will get there--I plan to guarantee it. And of course, I plan to scrap our progress, one day (and page) at a time.

No comments: